Aside from foot wears and head wears, making puto or steamed rice cake is one of those products that would definitely loved by people of Biñan laguna and also by tourists.
Puto is well-known everywhere here in our country, but people of this town has their own style or recipe on how to make it more delectable. And yes, they have it; people who visit Biñan, Laguna won’t go home without buying puto.
For those who are interested in making puto (Puto Biñan Special), here is the recipe and procedure:
• Prepare a steamer and two 8-inch round baking pans.
• In a bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil and water. Beat until smooth.
• Pour into pans. Top with grated cheese, sliced salted eggs or kesong puti.
• Steam 20 to 30 minutes or until done.
• Dish up with grated coconut.
Image from: pasig.olx.com.ph